Welcome to The Learning Dad Blog! This is a place for fathers who love to learn about family life. I’m Jed and I work 100% online. I chose this path, so I can provide for my family while also being a husband and a father at home. As a dad yourself, you know that this is not an easy feat. It took me years of studying, seeking, experimenting, and weeping before I was able to get the hang of it. The Learning Dad Blog is a real-life journal on marriage, parenting, finance, career, and everything about leading a successful home.
Better Daddy, Better Family
Fathers are one of the most influential people on the planet. Based on research:
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes — 5 times the average.
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes — 32 times the average.
- 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes — 20 times the average.
- 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average.
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes — 9 times the average.
- 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes — 10 times the average.
- 85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes — 20 times the average.
A world without dads has a devastating impact. Almost every major disorder has been linked to the absence of fathers. It is my mission to encourage every dad to be involved and always strive to become better leaders for their families. This blog contains powerful lessons I’ve learned (and still learning), along with tools and resources that will help you improve as a father. It is important to note though that I am no expert nor a professional. Please pray and use discernment before you apply any lessons from this website.
Finally, this blog does not, by any means, downplay the role of a mother. Both parents have their unique effects on the lives of their children. But there are certain things only a father can provide for his kids.
Fathers are leaders.
And true leadership is about making everyone around you better.
Start here: 10 Responsibilities Of A Father
Author and Contributor
Jed is the author of The Learning Dad Blog. He dedicates this website to fathers who love to be involved in their children’s lives, provide for their families, and live a Christ-centered life. He lives in Cavite, Philippines with his wife, Lalaine, and two kids, Joab and Jrue. Learn more about Jed.
Darwin is a contributor to this blog. He is a teacher and a counselor who is passionate about building healthy emotional well-being which results in healthy family relationships at home. He lives in Valenzuela, Philippines with his wife, RR, and daughter Darra Grace. Learn more about Darwin.